RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME!! Part 1: Cannon Beach, Sea Lions, Dinosaurs and Frisco, oh my!

2/5/12-  Zombie and I are off on a huge adventure- I'm driving us to California!  I'm trying not to plan much of it- want to play it by ear, to allow for the ability to stop and explore whenever I feel the urge.  Should be fun!

2/7/12- First Real Stop: Cannon Beach! My beloved Disco used to love it here so I was eager to bring Zombie to this beautiful beach. He loved it!! As did I.













Sea Lions at the Sea Lion Caves!!!
200 feet below the surface....










2/8/12- A Visit to the Prehistoric Gardens! 










2/9/12:  Frisco!  Spent the afternoon at Fisherman's Wharf eating clam chowder, admiring the scenery and exploring the wonders of Musee Mechanique!





















1 comment:

Carrie said...

Okay, that second shot of Zombie getting air on the beach is totally poster-worthy! The sea lion cave is really cool, do you go down there in an elevator or something? I love that shot of the one sea lion on a rock and the water around him is all swirling, it sort of mirrors his sleekness. Very arty.

The dinosaurs are super kitschy. Jeez, the teeth on that one look like a pirannha.