RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New Art!

My muse returned after a long absence!  I decided to follow up on a piece I did last year, and modify the technique.

Here's the original inspiration piece that I did in 2010- naturally, the subject is Joan Crawford (one of my favorite subjects!)


Its a rough piece, unfinished.  In hindsight, I wish I would not have cut the image into sections but ce la vie.  Its a really large piece- poster-sized- so at the time I thought it was necessary. 

After looking at this again this past weekend, I decided to try my hand at making similar smaller pieces- 8x10 in size- of other classic hollywood actresses. 

I played with the backgrounds a bit more- using watered down oil pastels (portfolio), paint pens (sharpie), charcoal and pencils, stamp inks (staz on, colorbox chalk), acrylic paint (golden, folk art).  I used stencils and stamps periodically. 

Here are the results:


Carole Lombard


Gene Tierney


Jean Harlow

Audrey
Donna Elizabeth

2 comments:

"MOI" Freubel said...

Djeez Rita !! These look AWESOME !!! So ispiring and the colours are 'yummy' :)

purplume said...

Stunning, love the color.