RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Tribute to Joan Crawford

I've posted these before as part of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge, but I wanted to point the ones for which I used Joan Crawford as my muse!  You may not be able to tell because I'm just learning to draw faces, but these were all inspired by photographs of Joan.  The quotes, however, were not- they are retro tidbits of advice on beauty/etiquette/health!



A few years ago, I made a music box ala Joan (during an artfest class- the rest of the class created ballerinas- I was inspired by Joan instead!)


I did another piece with Joan as my muse- you can see pics of it in my previous blog:

2 comments:

Chris said...

You know, Rita, I can actually remember some of the photos you based your drawings on! What an honor you pay her!

I'm going to your link to see the other piece.

J.B. said...

I thought of Joan Crawford when I saw some of them. I do see a resemblance. Love your cards.