RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Monday, January 5, 2009

A few favorite "art dolls"


These are a few of my favorite art dolls that I've made over the years. I'm a bit fabric challenged but its fun to play anyway.


The above was inspired by Tim Holtz. I call it "I like green fish".









I made this doll at ArtFiberFest one year!

This Victorian-esque bottle doll was for a swap.


I love my one-legged skelly made with telephone coils and computer wires and fabric.

"Free". I made this in a "transformative" doll class in which we were supposed to share our innermost feelings.

A wooden spoon and doll's hand disguised as Fire.

Blue and Sun (along with Fire and Free and my skelly) were all part of the transformative doll class. Blue and Sun were made with sticks from outside the classroom, beads and more computer wire.
I need to experiment a bit more with doll-making, I think. But my next project will have to be charms for a charm swap I'm in.

No comments: