
I am heartbroken to hear of dear Forrest Ackerman's passing. If you don't know who Uncle Forry is, you can't legitimately call yourself a horror or sci-fi fan. Forry created Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine and thereby created monsters of his own- movie geeks like Stephen King, Steven Spieldberg, and my husband.





Tony recounts our two personal encounters with Forry in his blog far more eloquently than I ever could. Suffice to say, I will miss him as if he was my Uncle in blood (he'd like that line!) and I hope that he is tossing out bad puns wherever he is now.

I am also saddened to hear of Beverly Garland's passing. If ever you needed a gutsy kickass dame, it would be Beverly. Most people probably remember her as Fred MacMurray's squeeze in My Three Sons, but before that, Beverly played her fair share of tough heroines in everything from westerns to horror, including one of my all-time favorite b-movies, Alligator People.

We were lucky enough to meet her as well, and had a wonderful time chatting w/ her about her experiences with Roger Corman. She related a tale of being injured while filming- she fractured her ankle. Roger, ever the brilliant cheapskate, called a dentist in to inject her ankle full of novacaine so she could finish the required scenes!

They don't make stars like that anymore.
Both of them will be missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment