RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Latest Art

Some recent projects:
These are UnderGarment Fairies I created for a fatbook. I had to create a Fairy beginning with the letter U. Naturally, I gravitated towards 40s-50s fashion. :) I would have preferred to leave the name of the fairy off the front of the page but had to add it on at the last minute to adhere to the rules of the swap.

The background was designed by me using acrylics, ink spray (ala walnut ink), and gold spray paint on watercolor paper. I was really pleased with how the backgrounds turned out.









I was also in a swap where we had to create 2D houses. I wanted to use some of my own photographs so I ended up creating the Mission below, using some of my photos from San Antonio (as well as some vintage images of women). The same hand-designed paper I used above is also used in this piece.

No comments: