RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cool Art-Related Links

I did some surfing today and thought I'd share w/ everyone some of the cool art-related links I found!


First up is Michele Beschen's site- I love watching her show B. Original on DIY network.


http://www.couragetocreate.com/


Next up is a gorgeous gathering place of amazing artists:


http://creativesouls.ning.com/


Did you know that there was a website from which you could rent arts/crafts how-to dvds? Well there is!


http://craftzine.smartflix.com/


Now on to some awesome Recycled Art links!


Ever want to do something wild and crazy with plastic bags?


http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2007/08/plastic_bag_crafts.html


http://hellejorgensen.typepad.com/gooseflesh/2007/02/plastic_bag_yar.html


http://etsylabs.blogspot.com/2007/05/long-overdue-fusing-plastic-bag.html


http://blog.betzwhite.com/2007/07/bag-this.html


http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2007/06/make_a_messenger_bag_out_1.html


http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=187283.0


Wanna play with soda cans? My friend Julie forwarded these links to me:


http://www.ebsqart.com/PFZine.asp?CMD=RenderArticle&ArticleID=595


http://crushedcanart.blogspot.com/


http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/recycled-soda-can-jewelry-mombulu-fair-trade-workshop


http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_natural_homemade/article/0,,diy_13767_5069804,00.html

http://www.artistshelpingchildren.org/canstincoffeecanschipcansartscraftsideaskids.html


http://www.modernartcandy.com/modernart/recycled-soda-can-jewelry-mombulu-fair-trade-workshop/


http://www.toontoonz.com/canart/canartmain.html


And of course you can't forget the ubiquitous bottle caps:


http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS225US225&q=bottle+cap+art&um=1


http://art.johntunger.com/bottle_cap_mosaics/index.html


http://www.interestingideas.com/out/cap.htm


http://www.sonyastyle.com/sections/Decorate/Bottlecap_Art


http://www.artistshelpingchildren.org/bottlecapsartscraftstideasprojects.html


http://www.kempa.com/blog/archives/000124.html


http://www.weenerware.com/retro.shtml


http://www.zuzu.org/skelly.html


http://www.rubberroadadventures.com/1104ElizabethBottleCapBracelet.htm


http://www.layersuponlayers.com/bottle-cap-art-by-dee-henderson/


http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_jewelry/article/0,,DIY_13762_4420630,00.html

http://www.laurabeamer.com/bottle_caps/

http://www.papaverjewelry.com/papaverjewelry.com/2008%20bottlecap%20page.html

http://blog.craftygoat.com/2008/05/make_matching_card_earrings_fo.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRh56cH3uYA

http://www.pinupsodapop.com/necklaces.html

http://www.casacorazon.com/jewelry_bottlecap2.html

http://www.secondhandsaints.com/RCBracelets.htm#pirategirl


And just plain cool:

http://www.folkartisans.com/pages/memory.html


http://www.bags2riches.co.uk/index.htm

1 comment:

lily said...

Thanks for the list o' links!