RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Thursday, August 2, 2007

What I've been noodling with this week:

Tony and I bought a "LP to CD" recording device entitled "Teac GF-650 turntable w/ CD recorder". We bought this because we are still living in the dark ages and have about a zillion LPs that we want to convert to CD. Why didn't we buy a turntable to connect directly to our computer? Because we wanted something that took minimal effort to use, and from what I had read about the GF-650- it sounded both easy to use and of better quality than most of the alternatives.

Well, we just rec'd it this week and I have to say that I am really excited!! It seems to work quite well!! You can separate tracks w/ the push of a button (of course you have to be there as one track ends and another begins to do so, but its easier than having to do it w/ software; plus it automatically separates tracks in some circumstances- e.g. when the record ends- which is handy for those 12" disco singles I have!- or if you hit pause or stop). The sound quality is impressive and the turntable has its own speakers so it can function as its own stereo system whether or not you are recording. Plus, you can hook up a cassette player to dub cassettes if you wish.

So far, I'm really pleased! Its so great to listen to some of these weird old Disco albums and of course, my old Shaun Cassidy albums again!!

If you are intrigued by this idea, just be sure to not fall for the older model, the GF-350- I've read some bad reviews on that one. The GF-650 is more expensive but its the way to go.

1 comment:

~marilyn said...

Oh yes, Shaun Cassidy! But wait, Batgirl...where's Bobby Sherman? Don't tell me you weren't a sucker for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Love the new blog!
~marilyn