RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Russell is back in action!

Anyone who knows me knows I have a bit of a thing (OK maybe more than a bit!) for Russell Crowe. It doesn't hurt that he looks a tad bit like my own dreamy husband. :)

Anyway, a few years ago I was lucky enough to see Russell and his then-band TOFOG (Thirty Odd Foot of Grunts) live in Portland OR. And, to top it off, I had a chance to meet Russell and chat with him for several minutes (all of which I can barely remember as I was concentrating on breathing!) Anyway, he has a new band now, also called TOFOG (hey, makes the marketing cheaper!)- this time the initials stand for The Ordinary Fear of God. Here's a clip of one of their 2006 releases. Pretty catchy!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3502656


And here's a retooling of one of their earlier songs. OK, is it hot in here or is it just me?! Seriously, this guy has the best hair ever.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4655004

Since I'm preaching about the glory of Russell here, I thought I'd toss in another interesting clip.
This one is from very early on in his career- a commercial for education and ministry!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=13120582

To be fair, I know Russell has a bit of a reputation as a bad boy. I just recently discovered this old South Park video and thought it captured this more controversial side of Russell quite nicely. Enjoy!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1153116

I'm happy to report that Russell will be back in the theatres soon too- he has a couple of films due out this fall including one with Ridley Scott once again at the helm. Let's hope it fairs better than their last outing together.

No comments: