RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Friday, January 29, 2010

Stencil Art

I'm having fun experimenting (for the first time) with making my own stencils using acetate and an exacto knife (for lack of better supplies).  Tho' not perfect, they are a lot of fun.  And seriously, can you ever have enough spray paint? :)

First up:  A Portrait of Pam Grier...

Next, David Carradine:


Joan Crawford! I need to fix her eyebrow. I accidentally cut out her R eye but it looks purposeful because of the shadow effect. :)




Trying out some doilies and other stencils:


Playing with Devil Imagery:



More of Joan!

Sterling Hayden (tho' this really just looks like any old Gumshoe):

1 comment:

Chris said...

Isn't it sad that I am not sure what David Carradine looks like? But you've got Joan Crawford, for sure! It always puts me in awe when people can stencil faces. I have the worst time with that!

Spray painting is one of the biggest pleasures in art. If I'd known this when I was in high school, who knows what juvenile detention facility I'd be in now!