RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Wrecked Journal!

I'm in a swap right now with some fellow "Badbabies" where we are "wrecking" each other's journals.

Basically each player took a blank journal and wrote something to do on each page- usually involving something outside the normal artistic assignment- like "paint this page and take it into the shower w/ you" or "drive over this page", etc.

Anyway, we exchanged journals and now I'm working on one from my friend Cheryl. When I'm done, I'll send her journal back to her filled with my art.

I am about halfway finished; here is some of what I've been doing:

A collage in yellow

My task was to cover up the ugly grids at the front of the journal...


Fun with Spray Paint!

Time to make something out of candy wrappers!

A collage in Red


I was supposed to draw a picture of the mouse that ate the corner of the page... but of course I had to draw a Rat instead!!


For this page I was supposed to take a magazine pic of a beautiful model and "ugly" it up!



For this page I was supposed to do leaf prints. I failed miserably (the leave was too flimsy or I am just not good at leaf prints) so instead, I just smeared the paint all over and glued the leaf to the page!! LOL!


For this page, I was supposed to make a collage out of the junk mail I got for the day. On top of the collage, I added this plastic film that I had accidentally spray painted- it looked cool and "smoky" so I thought it would be a good addition to this hideous collage.



Positive Thoughts.

My favorite holiday.


Its not easy being green- or is it?


I was supposed to rub this page in grass. It didn't turn out to be very interesting so after that, I just added some paint. Voila!


For this page I was supposed to draw what was outside my window. I chose to do this while I was staying on a farm in the Olympic Peninsula!


Just doodling.


Drawing with my left hand. Naturally, Disco dog was my chosen subject!


Painting and Sanding the page.

A collage in blue.
For more info on wrecking journals, check out the website http://www.wreckthisjournal.com/ or the book (you can find it on amazon).

No comments: