RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Sunday, July 26, 2009

More Hand-Painted Papers




















For these papers, I soaked brown paper bags and/or brown packaging paper inwater, crushed/crinkled them up in to a ball to get some good wrinkles, spreadthem out on my table and then proceeded to swipe them with tempura paints. Andthen at the end, I added some glitter if I felt the need. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE these papers Rita....I may just hear my paints calling again =o)
Did you paint on the paper while it was still wet?
Jeanette

AtomicWarBride said...

Yes indeed! I wet them down, wrinkle them up and at that point they are still damp but not dripping wet, and then I smear paint over them. I like to use a card or something similarly stiff to move the paint around, or I fold the page over and create a kind of Rorshack test. Its a lot of fun! I've been using these as background papers for other things. But if you use glitter, it can obviously be hard to glue anything to the top of these papers- even with a xyron!

Chris said...

oh, my heaventy sakes! Do you not LOVE making background papers? And these are gorgeous! I have never wrinkled or used tempura paints. I could spend a whole day.

Great stuff!