RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tile Addiction Update

My most recent tiles BEFORE Firing:

I used a stamp to help outline these and then painted them and drew in the details. I like how the eyes turned out differently (unintentional on my part).

More etching. I was in a devilish mood. I was going to try to add flames around the edges since its sooooo bare. But I chickened out because I had never really etched flames before and didn't want to chance ruining the piece. You can easily correct painted mistakes but etched mistakes are not possible to correct unless you scrape all the paint off and start all over again. Painting over etched mistakes just leads to a big mess. Next time maybe I'll start w/ the flames first!!

Another devilish figure. Left it plain as well.



Sort of a Robo-monster theme on this one. I really like it!

Another eyeball monster. One of my coworkers keeps telling me I should do a series of similar monsters to eventually sell so I've been trying to periodically recreate some of them. I never plan them out in advance other than maybe some sketches right before I paint. And aside from the octopi above, I rarely do the same piece twice in one night. But its fun to revisit some past monsters. I may have to do that again.
I can't wait to see what these are like after firing.

No comments: