RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Sunday, March 1, 2009

More Tiles!

Its been a long while since I dabbled in pottery so I was tickled pink to do so again recently.


The above was my attempt at creating a vampire but perhaps it looks more like a werewolf. LOL. I etched this one- painted the tile white, allowed it to dry slightly, then painted it black, allowed it to dry slightly, then etched thru the black to reveal the white. This is one of my favorite techniques to use on tile!

This was my attempt at drawing a Devilish Silhouette! In hindsight, I should not have used the sparkling paint- its too distracting. But as with all my tiles to date, I free-handed this so I'm pretty proud of it, considering I am drawing-challenged!


I wanted to try something slightly different than my usual monster motif so I went with robots!
I shouldn't have tried using yellow on darker colors tho- it fades too much. but other than that I'm happy with my robot! The woman at the pottery place called it a lightbulb headed thing and I guess it does look like a lightbulb although that wasn't intentional on my part. LOL.


And of course no trip to the pottery place could be complete without another monster tile. I've been playing with this particular imagery for a little while- I just really like it. I am calling this one Irene for now. :)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Okay, these are absolutely FABULOUS! I don't know what happened, but I thought I was following you ages ago! And look at all these great monsters and tiles and stuff! (I'm reading backwards)

Addictions can be good. Especially for us viewers.

Love your music!