RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Creating Background Papers


When I'm in a creative funk, I like to play with paint to make background papers for use in future projects.

I start with whatever kind of paper I feel like using, from plain paper bags to watercolor paper to anything in-between.

I put drops of paint (acrylic and tempura paints both work well- lately I've been in love with metallic tempura paints).

Then I spread the paint around with either a credit card or a sturdy piece of watercolor paper. Wipe the paint around a few times but be careful not to let the colors get too muddied.

At this point you can add some glitter if you feel the need to, or you can just let it dry as is.

Voila! Lovely hand decorated paper!

Here are some recent background papers I made and what I ended up doing with some of them:






















No comments: