RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Artsy Flashback




OK, so I've been a bit lame in the art department lately, for various reasons.


So in order to keep up appearances, I've decided to do yet another artsy flashback. LOL!


Here are some chunky book pages I made. The theme was, as you can guess, "Faces".


I have never been able to draw, so I was really working outside my comfort zone on this one. I was using Basquiat as inspiration (tho' I doubt you can tell that!)


I ended up really loving these! I may have to dive back in to experiment along these lines again.


These are pastels on black paper. (I love pastels but getting them to seal and not flake off is a nightmare- if anyone has any good tips on this, let me know!)
















In another artsy flashback, I have posted a few pics of my very first RR journal ever! This was done several years ago by a group of us that attended Artfest! My book was a cd book and the theme was "Etiquette"!



No comments: