My favorite moments:
Talking with sexy Michael Madsen about the need to get drunk in order to sit through director Uwe Boll's Bloodrayne;
Meeting Black Caesar himself,
Fred "The Hammer" Williamson
who was a larger than life character;
Chatting with horror idol Tony Todd who was as classy as they come;
And best of all, meeting Henry Rollins. Yes, I took my life in my hands and made a fool of myself to a beleaguered Rollins who politely refrained from strangling me.
I also enjoyed the blood-soaked previews for both Henry's newest so-bad-its-probably-fun horror flick- Wrong Turn 2 and the wonderfully old-school Hatchet (helmed by uber-enthusiastic Adam Green). I enjoyed the previews despite the fact that I'm even older-school myself- I usually dig horror films from the 1930s-60s, not today's blood fests.
My favorite "session" at the convention was the tribute to the much-maligned but utterly fascinating director Uwe Boll.

He has three films coming out in short order: Postal, a politically incorrect comedy about the Taliban (if you can imagine), Bloodrayne 2 (a sequel to the Michael Madsen gem, this time set in the old west), and Seed. If you are unfamiliar with the jaw-dropping work of Uwe, I highly recommend renting Bloodrayne- for the interview at the end of the disc! Trust me, its a gem. If you don't have the patience to sit through the film (tho' how you could resist Meatloaf's most masterful cameo is beyond me), at least fast forward to the end of the disc to see Uwe expound on those who 'dis' him. Uwe means love.
No comments:
Post a Comment