RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Monday, December 27, 2010

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge- 2010!

I was tickled pink to be able to participate in this year's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.  I had so much fun last year I knew I had to try again this year.  It was a bit challenging this year for personal and health reasons, but I pulled it off.  :)  And the icing on the cake was that my friend Mish also participated. 

Here are my 30 pieces:




First up, some of my Spray Paint/Stencil pieces.  As you can see, I'm a bit of a Science Geek.

Above is SOLD





I'm particularly in love with this one- its hard to see the depth of it in this scan, but I love it.  Its faded and raw and was actually an accidental mess until I somehow managed to salvage it.  It just looks like something you'd see on an old rusty barrel or something. 
 

Naturally, I had to do a few of Joan! 



Next Up: a stencil I designed from a picture of a young Pam Grier...



Believe it or not, this is a stencil of David Carradine- from the Kung Fu LP cover.

A couple more GumShoe pieces- all based on a great pic of Sterling Hayden that I made into a stencil!



My love of Devil Imagery Continues!

I am quite proud of this stencil, but I should have created it on stencil paper- it's on flimsy transparency paper and is starting to tear.  Alas, I'll have to redo it at some point!


Above is SOLD

Above is SOLD

This one was another "accident"- I kept messing up the background, painting over it, and then suddenly realized that it looked a bit "galactic".  Its hard to tell from this scan but it has a pretty good depth and shine to it.   

Above is SOLD



The next pieces are all based on some "Blind Contour" drawings that I did.  (Draw something from memory or look at a picture for inspiration but do not  look at the paper you're drawing on.  Don't lift your pen/pencil off the paper until you're finished.)  For these pieces, I went back in later and added a couple details and color.
Devils and Zombies, Oh My!








My Odes to Meat!  (Inspired by Mish).  These pieces were done the same way I did my pop culture girls last year!  Painting using photographic inspiration.





And my favorite pieces this year- these are based on some Atomic ATCs I created digitally a few years back.  I thought they might make fun subjects to paint and sure enough, they did!


Above is SOLD





Just for fun, here are the original digital pieces I created that I used for inspiration:






2 comments:

Parabolic Muse said...

Okay, YOU are awesome! These are fascinating! I'm so glad you posted them. I have been sad to miss some things after leaving FB, but it's good to know I can keep up with you through our blogs!

Happy New Year, Rita. I wish all good things for you!

C

AtomicWarBride said...

Aw thanks sweetie!! :)