RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Monday, September 1, 2008

Japanorama!

Tony and I are going to Japan this fall. I'm so excited I can barely think of or speak of anything else. I'm sure I'm driving everyone around me crazy with my non-step references to all the wonderful things I have planned for us in Japan.

So now I'm sharing it on my blog. :)

I actually wrote up a rough draft itinerary on this cool travel website called DODO.COM. Check it out:

DODO

We still may change or add a few things. In fact, I recently re-discovered that there will be a Parade/Festival in Hakone while we're in Japan, so we may have to go there. We'll see.

The main highlights will be:

Taking
Samurai Sword Lessons from one of the Crazy 88s (Kill Bill) in Tokyo
Dressing as a Maiko (Geisha apprentice) and/or Samurai in Kyoto
Enjoying a
private Geisha/Maiko performance
Going to
TOEI movie studios
Spending the night in a
Buddhist Temple on Mt. Koya
Visiting
Japan's largest graveyard
Chowing at the touristy
Ninja Restaurant
Visiting Japanese Macaque Monkeys at
Arashiyama
Participating in a
Traditional Tea Ceremony
Enjoying
Kabuki as well as many other traditional performance arts

~9 days will hardly be enough but it'll be on helluva trip nonetheless! I will certainly be taking lots of photos and videos to commemorate the experience!

1 comment:

Jo Anne O. said...

Hey Rita! How cool is that? I can just feel your excitement!!!

I have something for you over on my latest blog post! Come over and see what it is!

Hugs, Jo Anne