RAMBLINGS

of a well-worn mind

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Misc. Art Meanderings

A friend was pointing out that I haven't posted any art in awhile, so I thought I'd dig up some of my favorite projects from last year...

I did a paperdoll fatbook that I was really pleased with... I did two "series".... the colorful 60's inspired "Twiggy" series...


And the black/white/red "Joan" series (Joan Crawford). B/W/R is my favorite color combination!!



The dolls are removable from the background pages, but since this was a fatbook I wanted to attach them to the page... I used little strips of cardboard and/or ribbon tightly stapled to the background to help hold them in place.



As is my usual shtick with dolls that I make, I didn't make any arms. The feet are little brads. I went crazy with the wonderful paper and plastic flowers that you can get nowadays at most scrapbook/art supply stores! And since I'm addicted to decorative tissue papers, I used that for much of the background on both series....









I went thru an "inchies" craze.... 1x1 collage art....







Below are some digital inchies:

I also went thru a "dangly" phase. This hanging piece is called "Lonely Bird". The background is a heart-shaped playing card. I collaged a dryer sheet over the top for a gauzy effect, and added a silver earring piece around her head and a piece below as a "dangly". The rest is all feathers and fibers!


No comments: